Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Direction for my blog

I don't know who's going to read this, I'm just starting out blogging, but you have to begin somewhere. I'm interested in a lot of things that enrich my life: the arts including music, film, literature, visual arts, etc. At the same time science and technology hold an equal interest, I'm consumed with both. To me there's no separation, I guess you could call me a Renaissance man, to use the cliche, and I'm not trying to come off as bombastic.

I want to share with those who want to come along on my musings/semi-tutorial/log in personal tech for the home: What I've done in the past, what I'm doing now and what's coming out new, just about everyday.

I love gadgets, yes for their own sake, but after a while one gets tired of the novelty. They have to serve a purpose, do SOMETHING, enhance our lives.

So first things first. If you're going to talk about or use any kind of technology, you've got to know not just the basics, but you've got to get the real fundamentals right, in order to master it.

I'll get back to where I left off in my 1st post on X-10, which was my first experience with home automation. I'll explain how it worked and the actual electrical principles behind it. I'll try to keep it simple, but for those who still have trouble understanding, I'll be glad to respond to questions & break it all down for you.

That's all for now.

The Gadgeteer

No comments:

Post a Comment